Current Job Openings
We are not hiring right now, please check back soon.
You can still send an application to and we will keep it on file.
If something opens up we will contact you. Thanks!
Intern Program - 2019 Intern Program has been filled. Please check back in 2020!
We take our Intern Program very seriously! We were even mentioned in the Wall Street Journal!
Do you have what it takes to join Maryland's top fundraising team?
Field: Political Fundraising and Strategic Outreach; Non-Profit Fundraising
Start Date: Late May, early June
Hours: 5 days/week, M-F, occasional weekend and evening events
Hourly Wage: $10.10/hour
Description: Rice Consulting is a political consulting firm offering both fundraising services and
general strategic advice to Democratic candidates across the state of Maryland. We also work with several non-profit clients, including the Bel Air Downtown Alliance, managing fundraising and membership.
Responsibilities: Helping execute fundraising events
● Making follow-up calls
● Assisting with client fundraising calls
● Attending events
● Assisting with registration
Helping maintain client fundraising databases
● Entering contributions
● Researching and adding or updating donor contact information
Completing general office tasks
● General office errands: post office, bank, office supply store, hardware store
● Answering phone, interacting with donors
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the internship will offer a broad introduction to the profession of political consulting. Rice Consulting staff, with political experience dating to 1992, will offer training about the goals, principles, laws, and mechanics of fundraising consulting, how consulting fits into the broader political landscape, and how one goes about becoming a fundraising consultant.
Qualifications: Political Science major preferred but not required.
• An interest in politics with a desire to learn about political fundraising and strategy.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Clear written and oral communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail and ability to focus on tasks.
Application: We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2019.
Send cover letter, resume, and two references to:
Becca Miles - Intern Coordinator
Bel Air, MD 21014
P: 410-838- 6355
F: 410-838- 8633
ADA: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (1990), physical demands are as follows:
● Sit for long periods of time
● Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
● Reach with hands and arms
● Talk and hear regularly
● Lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
● Close vision of computer screen
Other: Rice Consulting is located in Harford County, Maryland (66 miles northeast of Washington, D.C., 32 miles northeast of Baltimore) and is an animal-friendly office (Augie, the office dog, works every day).
Interested parties must have reliable transportation.
This position can be creditworthy depending on institutional requirements.